Saturday, October 24, 2009

Not much to post lately since I made another batch of that Moroccan dish and we've mostly been eating left overs and cereal. I'm on a Cheerios kick right now.
Breakfast idea: I used to make Quaker's oatmeal with vanilla soy milk and brown sugar ever morning. I ate too much at once and got sick of it but I should pick some of that up again. It is tasty goodness.
Today was the zombie walk. Good times. I appreciate people's creativity in coming up with various zombie versions of just about everything. One chick had a fake pregnant belly with the baby's arm sticking out of her stomach. There was also a zombie Napoleon and more than one zombie Jesus.
Dinner: Afterward we went to the Green Room and I got a plate o'fried rice with tofu.
Dessert: I bought a Green and Blacks brand dark chocolate bar with ginger from the grocery store (Metro). It's got candied ginger bits in it and is probably my favourite kind of chocolate ever. They're fairly expensive as far as chocolate bars go (like 4 bucks), but it's way better to buy quality chocolate once in a while instead of crappy chocolate every day.

The other day my friend came over and we went to Subway. If you've never had their veggie patty you should give it a try.

I think I've done a fairly good job so far of demonstrating how many places there are to go out for food when you're a vegan. Off the top of my head there's Ethiopian, Subway, Japanese restaurants, Thai food, Green Room, Lick's, most places that have burgers also have veggie burgers, Middle Eastern places, Magic Oven, One Love, Full Moon (vegetarian Vietnamese place), King's Cafe, the Hot Box, the Pickle Barrel (they only have a few vegan things but they're good), and Fressen.
Obviously the number of available options changes depending on where you live. Toronto is very good for vegan food.

No comments:

Post a Comment