Sunday, November 1, 2009

Stupid school




I have like a billion pages of reading to do right now. Seriously.
Along with trying to have a social life so I don't become a crazy hermit (this happened last year), that's about all the time I have so blogging has taken a back seat. Here's a picture of me on Halloween. I was an alien. ^^ I went to a warehouse rave with some friends. Much props to the Promise crowd, good party. The visuals were super and I liked the music. Unfortunately it got really hot and crowded around 1, but by then we'd gotten some good dancing in.
I've still got some good vegan ideas for you though, so don't despair.

I made a 9 Bean Soup a few days back. I'd bought this big jug of dried beans and such which has a recipe on the side for cooking it. Next time I make it I'm going to soak the beans first. The box didn't say to do that but the texture turned out all funny.

Yesterday I made Herb Potatoes from 'How it all Vegan.' Fresh herbs are freaking awesome. The only problem is that you never ever use them all up. These had thyme and rosemary (not fresh) on them.
Potatoes are so awesome. You can cook them so many ways (chips, fries, mashed potatoes, roasted, baked, in hashbrowns, etc.) and they're always filling and delicious.

I took my mom to Kensington market the other day. We bought some cute stuff. I took her to King's Cafe, one of my favourite vegetarian places. I got an eggplant dish. Eggplants are cool 'cause they soak up flavour. It was really tasty and satisfying.

I bought a pack of Oatmeal and stocked back up on soy milk. I also bought grapes, which are a great snack.

Aaaand on my way home I saw a guy selling organic stuff so I bought some onions. You always need onions.

Above there's a picture of the bean soup.

No comments:

Post a Comment