Monday, November 30, 2009


Too much homework! Gonna drown! Helllllllp!
Okay enough of that.
Dinner: Only thing I've gotten a chance to actually cook lately was a brown rice and lentils dish (pictured above being eaten by Aaron). It doesn't look like much but it was actually really tasty with the spices added. I kind of made the recipe up, so here it is:
  • Boil about 5 cups of water. Add 1 tbsp of margarine or oil if desired.
  • Add one cup of short grain brown rice and one cup of brown lentils. (Any kind of lentils would be good, this is just what I used. Lentils are high in iron and protein (you get a complete protein if you eat them with grains like in this dish. You don't actually have to eat the grain at the same time as the lentil, so assuming you ever eat bread or pasta or crackers etc. you're good.)
  • Reduce heat and let cook until tender and water is gone (about 40 minutes.)
  • Add 2 tbsp cumin, 1 tsp curry powder, 1 tsp paprika and salt to taste. Also add a few tablespoons of flax seeds. (I never measure my flax seeds, I just dump in what looks like an appropriate amount.)
And there you go.
Other things I've eaten lately: French fries, Strawberry smoothie, lime cola.

No comments:

Post a Comment