Saturday, November 21, 2009


I bought some Golden Pomegranates at Kensington Market the other day. They are freaking amazing. They're sweeter than regular pomegranates and milder tasting. And their juice is pretty much clear so you don't get red all over you. Also got Bananas. I intended to use them to bake something but I've just been eating them straight for breakfast and snacks. Might have enough left over to make Banana Pancakes tomorrow. Or might buy more and make muffins.

We had some friends over for dinner last night. I made the Cauliflower Leek Kugel with Herb Almond Crust from 'Vegan With a Vengeance' by Isa Moskowitz again. I could make that every day.

Today I made Stir fry from the left over vegetables in my fridge (cauliflower, carrots, bit of leek, and asparagus, plus onions and garlic as always), and fake beef strips. Cooked in toasted sesame seed oil, hoisin sauce and soy sauce, seasoned with parsley and lime leaf (found at The Lucky Moose Chinese grocery store), basil and salt.

No comments:

Post a Comment