Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Pasta-bilities


Forgive the terrible pun in the title. I couldn't help myself.
Last night I made pasta, which is one of my go-to recipes 'cause you can put just about anything in it, it's really quick to make and you end up with lots of left overs.
Try mixing it up with regard to the noodles you use. Yesterday I used Rotini vegetable pasta (corkscrew pasta with regular, spinach, and tomato noodles mixed together.
To the sauce (I bought sauce in a jar this time, but you can also make it yourself with diced tomatoes and spices) I added frozen peas, cubed tofu, and mushrooms. Just throw it all together in the pot. Let the mushrooms cook for a while so they shrink and release their juices into the sauce.
Things you can add to pasta sauce:
  • Spinach
  • Veggie ground round (fake ground beef)
  • Tofu cubes
  • Fake sausage
  • Peas
  • Broccoli
  • Carrots
  • Bell peppers
  • Mushrooms
  • Onions
  • Garlic
  • Zucchini
  • ...Pretty much any vegetable you want

No comments:

Post a Comment