Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Indian Food


The search for a job intensifies. My mom has been helping me a lot with my resume and cover letters.
In other news, I started drawing my first biomechanical picture today. Inspired by this guy:
http://anderstattoo.deviantart.com/

Yesterday our friend Megan came over and I made a crazy amount of Indian food; tomato rice and curried vegetables.

The tomato rice is a recipe that I got off the internet and have been playing with for a while. Here it is:
  • You need 2 tbsp of olive oil, 1 tbsp of margarine, 1/2 a large yellow onion (chopped), 2 cloves of garlic (chopped), 3 stalks of celery (chopped), 2 large tomatoes (chopped) OR one can of chopped tomatoes, 2 cups of vegetable broth, 1 cup of long-grained rice, 1 tbsp oregano, 1 tbsp basil, 1 tsp parsley, 1 tsp marjoram, salt and pepper to taste.
  • Heat the margarine and oil in a large saucepan, then add the onion, garlic and celery. Saute for 5-10 minutes.
  • Add the tomatoes and spices and simmer for 15 minutes.
  • Add broth and bring to a boil.
  • Add rice, cover, reduce heat, and simmer for 20 minutes.
The spices for this can be played with however you want.
Make this dish extra awesome by adding 1/2 cup of toasted pumpkin seeds.

To go with the rice I made Creamy Curried Vegetables from 'How it all Vegan' by Tanya Barnard and Sarah Kramer. They were amazing. The more I cook with coconut oil the more I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment