Friday, September 11, 2009

Blue mashed potatoes

A few days ago I made mashed potatoes with sauted purple onion in them (also garlic, soy milk, margarine and salt). After going in the fridge the turned blue. Like seriously blue. So apparently I've invented blue mashed potatoes.
Yesterday for dinner I made a salad with a pre-made vegetable mix of iceberg lettuces, radishes and carrots. I added chopped up apples and pumpkin seeds, and served it with lemon-ginger-sesame dressing that I got with my mom at Cost-co. It was pretty awesome.
While we were eating the salad I fried some portobello mushrooms whole, covered in vegetable oil and tamari sauce. Served with the mashed potatoes they make a really good meat-dish substitute. Mostly because they're so juicy.

This weekend is the vegetarian food fair at the harbour front.. Seems I'm going twice. Today with two friends and again on Sunday with Aaron and some more friends. It's always really awesome. Everybody come out!

No comments:

Post a Comment