Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Lots of cooking!

I made some sweet dishes with the help of friends over the last couple of days.
And here they are:
  • Cauliflower-Leek Kugel with Almond Herb Crust from 'Vegan with a Vengeance'. I actually used pumpkin seeds and walnuts for the crust since I wasn't gonna go out and buy more nuts when I got bags on the fridge. It was amaaaazing. Leeks are so freaking good. I've got a bunch of left over cauliflower I'll have to do something with.
  • Strawberry Lavender Muffins from 'Fresh at Home; Everyday Vegetarian Cooking'. You read that right. These were really interesting. I'm looking forward to finding things to put the left over lavender in. I'm going to a party on Saturday, maybe I'll make like vanilla cupcakes with lavender icing or something.
  • Roasted Butternut Squash Soup, also from 'Vegan with a Vengeance'. I've made this one before and it's always really good. I changed it this time by doubling the amount of vegetable broth in the recipe. It was too thick for me before, this made it more like a soup.
Snack: Left over strawberries from the muffins with Splenda on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment