Friday, September 18, 2009

Breakfast today: Kiwi!
Dinner Yesterday: Aaron and I finally checked out this Caribbean vegan restaurant (rare) called One Love on Bathurst north of Bloor. Really small place but the food was great. We got a bunch of things I'd never heard of before so I can't remember what they were. The corn soup was awesome though.
Lunch Yesterday: Cupcakes. Whatever, you're jealous. My bestest friend Maggie is back in town for a few days so we got together and made 'Basic Chocolate Cupcakes' with chocolate icing from my 'Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World' recipe book.
Breakfast Yesterday: Ate some of the new cereal I got from the Vegetarian Food Fair with some Natural original flavour soymilk. I don't really like putting vanilla soymilk in my cereal because it tastes too different from what I grew up eating. But original tastes great. (... I think I'm gonna have some now!)
Lunch and Dinner Yesterday and Dinner the Day Before: Two nights ago I made some tomato sauce with spinach from a recipe in 'Eat, Drink, and Be Vegan.' I also made a whole box of whole wheat corkscrew pasta, which ended up being way more pasta than we needed for the sauce. SO the next day I went and bought more spinach and just made more sauce for the left over pasta. There's still some in the fridge.
Breakfast Yesterday: Honestly I think it was cookies. Why not?
Lunch Two Days Ago: My friends Morgan and Nick told me how to make really awesome, really simple chickpea salad. I dumped two cans of chickpeas into a bowl and added a chopped up tomato, chopped up green onions (left overs of which went in the first batch of sauce), oil, salt, and pepper. I actually had to stop myself from eating the whole thing.

Aaron got a whole bunch of lunches out of the left overs.
Mmmmmmmmmm. Food.

No comments:

Post a Comment