Saturday, September 26, 2009

Post # 50! I expect you all to be vegans by now.

You just can't beat a giant pot full of vegetables. (Some would disagree, but they are clearly inferior specimens of humanity.)
I made a recipe tonight that was really just a massive pot of veggies. Broccoli, red and green bell peppers, carrots, snow peas, and green onions with lemon juice and lemon rind, fresh parsley, thyme, bay leaves and salt and pepper for flavour. They're cooked using this cool method where you partly boil, mostly steam them by putting half a cup of water, plus lemon rind, spices and some olive oil, at the bottom of the pot. The carrots (4) go in first and cook for 5 minutes, then the peppers (2) for another 5, then the broccoli (2 cups) for 4, then the snow peas (2 cups) and onions (1 bunch) for another 2. Then you add the lemon juice, salt and pepper. I also threw in some flax seeds because they are so awesome.
I also made the broccoli patties and omega sprouted lentils and rice that I got from the vegetarian food fair.
It's 3:30 in the morning right now 'cause I went to the Rocky Horror Picture Show and then to Tim Hortons with some friends. I can't eat that much at Tim Hortons 'cause I don't like my bagels and coffee without anything on/in them, and Timmy Ho's isn't big on carrying margarine or soy milk. But I got a camomile tea and it was amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment