Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Back from Florida




I'm back from Florida with pictures.
Bottom photo: Fried tofu on spinach and brown rice with flax seeds This was the dinner I made the night before I left. I don't remember what spices I used in the brown rice with flax seeds, I just made a random combo.
The Fried Tofu on Spinach is a dish I made up. Here's the recipe:
  • Chop a block of tofu into cubes.
  • Melt a tablespoon of margarine in a pan, then add tofu.
  • Cover with a generous amount of garlic salt and onion powder, and a pinch of dill. Add a squirt of lemon juice.
  • Let the tofu brown for several minutes on medium heat. Stir every 5 minutes or so to let multiple sides of each cube brown.
  • To make the spinach, saute two or three chopped garlic cloves in a table spoon of melted margarine, then add a bunch of chopped spinach.
  • Cook on medium low heat, stirring every few minutes when the spinach on the bottom wilts, until the entire batch has wilted.
  • Add a teaspoon of garlic salt and onion powder and a squirt of lemon juice and stir.
  • Serve the tofu cubes on top of the spinach.
Second and third pictures: While I was in Florida we went to P.F. Chang's twice. The first time I got Tofu Lettuce Wraps, Garlic Sweet peas, and Brown Rice. The second visit I got the Buddha feast (not pictured.)

First Picture: We also went to The Cheesecake Factory where I got the Portobello Mushroom Burger and fries.

Eating was kind of our major activity on this trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment