Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Winter


Oh god, it's getting to be winter again. The wind's a-howlin'.
Some time soon I'll have to make a big feel-good winter meal, but today it was too gross out to go to the grocery store so I made my famous random leftovers stir fry again. It's a good staple dish 'cause it's rarely the same twice, uses up left over ingredients from other recipes before they go bad, is easy to make, and always results in a tonne of left overs.
This time it consisted of onion, garlic, asparagus, carrots, broccoli, mushrooms, spinach and pecans (yes, nuts can go in stir fry.) Cooked in toasted sesame seed oil, soy sauce and hoisin sauce. Served over brown rice. Dark veggies are rich in iron.
I've said this before, but I freaking love vegetables. This meal is loaded with vitamins, if a bit salty.

Currently drinking vanilla hazelnut tea. If you put vanilla soy milk and some sugar in it it tastes like a cake.

Speaking of cake, I'm looking forward to making myself a big one in celebration of my last exam next friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment