Sunday, December 6, 2009


I'm working on my very last essay at present. Hopefully will get it done by tomorrow when it's due.
Mom, if you're reading this, seriously don't bug me about it.

Yesterday Aaron and I went to the Christmas party for the Oshawa public library, where he works. This involved about an hour and a half trip out to Oshawa for me, but I chilled out and read 'Blindsight' on the way. It's this really wicked sci fi. Probably one of the best books I've ever read.
There were like 6 vegetarian/vegans there so we were well fed. They served us salad (dark greens, sunflower seeds and strawberries), stir fry with rice, potatoes, asparagus, and red peppers. All of which were really tasty. For dessert we got a fruit bowl with some kind of crumbly goodness at the bottom, mixed with vegan jello with non-dairy whipped cream on top. I was surprised that the cream was non-dairy, you really couldn't tell the difference.

I made chickpea salad the other day (pictured above.) Just canned chickpeas, chopped tomatoes, green onions, some olive oil and pepper. I learned not to eat a whole cans worth of chickpeas 'cause I got super gassy the next day. But it's soooooo goooooood.

No comments:

Post a Comment