Monday, May 24, 2010

More beans!


I tried another new bean recipe yesterday. You're supposed to eat a ton of them for fiber and stuff. This time I made Larry's Re-Fried Beans from 'How it all Vegan.' (This was the first vegan cook book I ever bought and I'm still finding awesome new recipes in it.) They were really good. All the right herbs (including fresh cilantro, which I wouldn't have thought of on my own) and some tomato. You're supposed to mash them up with a fork after you cook them, but I just left them in bean form.
To go with the beans I made some fancy brown rice. It went like this: 1/2 cup short grain brown rice + half a cup wild brown rice, cooked in 3 cups of water with a tbsp of Omega 3 oil (a mix of flax seed oil, olive oil and grape seed oil that I bought), and 1 tsp marjoram. After it cooks, add 1 tsp salt and 1/4 cup (ish) of flax seeds.
Whole dish pictured above, plus peas.
Turned out really delicious. I ate it with some lemon juice squeezed on top, which worked better than I expected.

No comments:

Post a Comment