Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Vegetables!


Today I had a really big job interview. It went really well. Hopefully I'll have a grown up job soon.

My weight has been bouncing around a lot in the past year, and I'm back up to being heavier than I want to be. SO my plan is to eat lots and lots of vegetables until I get a little bit skinnier again. I've been snacking a lot on salads and raw vegetables. Salads are good 'cause you can make them interesting with all sorts of weird ingredients. Veggies are good for dipping in hummus.

The picture above is from dinner last night. The first dish I made was a baked beans recipe from 'How it all Vegan.' This was my first time making baked beans and they turned out pretty good. Protein and fiber!!! I think this is also the first time I've served beans as their own dish. They make a great meat - substitute and are super filling.
I also made "Honey"-Lemon Carrots from the same book. The honey is actually maple syrup, so they should really just call them syrup-lemon carrots. Anyways they were really awesome too. I increased the amount of lemon juice in the recipe by a whole lot because they only said to put in a little bit and I like lemon. I now know about 4 ways to cook carrots all by themselves, all of which are delicious.
And finally, corn on the cob, which is in season again. Corn is always a good idea. ALWAYS.

Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment