Monday, June 7, 2010

Vegetable Noodle Soup with Chickpeas


Well, I've done it. I've discovered the best tasting soup ever.
I based it off a recipe I found on the internet (Here: http://vegweb.com/index.php?topic=25698.0), but I changed it a lot.

Ingredients:
  • 3 tbsp olive oil
  • 5 cloves of garlic, chopped
  • 1 large onion or two small onions, chopped
  • 1 leek, chopped
  • 4 celery stalks, chopped
  • 4 carrots, chopped
  • 1 large potato, chopped
  • 1 tomato, chopped
  • 1 can of chickpeas
  • 6 cups of water (or three cups of water, three cups of vegetable broth)
  • 1 cup of pasta (I used shells. Bowtie would also work well.)
  • 1/2 cup fresh dill, chopped
  • 1 bunch of spinach, chopped (or baby spinach un-chopped).
  • Salt to taste, pepper to taste, 1 tsp dried thyme, 1 tsp dried sage
- In a stock pot over medium heat, saute the onions, garlic and leek in the oil for 5 minutes
- Add the celery and carrots and saute for another 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the water, tomato and potato. Bring to a boil, then lower heat and let simmer (covered) for 35 minutes.
- Add the chickpeas, pasta and dill, and cook for another 15 minutes.
- Add the rest of the spices and the spinach.

I hope you end up liking this soup as much as I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment