Wednesday, June 23, 2010





We had a small earthquake today in the T dot. First one I've ever felt. It was pretty awesome, especially since the crappy old apartment building I live in didn't even fall over. (The apartment I inhabit within the crappy building is actually quite cherry.)
The G20 is also going on, and last weekend the Much Music awards were going on right outside where I live, so I've pretty much decided to hide inside as much as possible.
Better than the garbage strike we had last summer.
Currently looking at a very bright moon on a very pale sky, next to the C.N. Tower. Pretty.

I've been improvising my way through a lot of left over ingredients lately, to varying degrees of success.
The first picture up top is of Herbed Potatoes and Fried Tofu. The potatoes turned out great. I chopped up about 4 potatoes (skins left on, scrubbed), and mixed them with Omega Oil (Grape seed, extra virgin olive and flax seed oil), a whole lot of roughly chopped garlic (like practically a whole bulb's worth), a chopped onion, and a package-full of halved champagne mushroms on two baking trays, then baked them at 450 degrees C until the potatoes pierced easily with a fork (maybe half an hour? I forget).
The tofu somehow ended up really really salty even though I'm sure I didn't put that much salt on it. It was still okay but I'm going to consult a recipe next time I try to do something like this dish.

The next picture down is of a peanut butter, jam and banana sandwich which Aaron made the other day. Super yummy.

Finally, yesterday I made some pretty quality Ginger brown rice just by sauteing one chopped onion, about 7 cloves of chopped garlic (I really really like garlic), and a left over chopped up chunk of ginger in some of the Omega Oil, then added 2 cups of brown rice, stirred to coat it in oil, added 6 cups of water (this turned out too be a bit too much, go with 4 or 6), a bay leaf, and around a teaspoon or two of vegetable broth powder, and let it cook. Served with corn on the cob and Chick'n Nuggest (I threw out the package so I don't remember the brand.) The fake meat was delicious, a great dish for kids. Like most fake meats, it was high in sodium, so you don't want to be eating them everyday. But they taste really good and so I think can be worked in to a healthy diet.

No comments:

Post a Comment