Monday, June 7, 2010

Hey look I'm back.



I've been lazy about updating lately, but I've got two great entries comin' atcha, so stay tuned.

First news: I have invented possibly the best way to cook rice and lentils ever. Here's the recipe:
Ingredients
  • 1 tbsp olive oil
  • 1 small onion, chopped
  • 3-4 cloves of garlic, minced (that means chopped)
  • 1 cup white rice
  • 1/2 cup brown lentils
  • 1 tomato, chopped
  • 4 cups water or vegetable broth
  • 1 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp tumeric, dash of peper, 1 bay leaf
- In a large sauce pan or small pot, saute the onions and garlic in the olive oil for 10 minutes.
- Add the rice and lentils and stir to coat with oil.
- Add the water or broth, tomato, and spices. Bring to a boil, then lower the heat and cook for 20 minutes, or until the rice and lentils are fully cooked.

I served this with Garlicky Kale.

I also made a super yummy Veggie and Hummus Sandwich at some point. This one had sliced cucumber and tomato, hummus, and garlic salt on toasted flax bread. Can't really beat a good hummus and veggie sandwich for lunch, in my opinion.

Okay I've got a delicious soup to blog about, but it's so amazing I'm going to make its own post.
Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment