Sunday, July 5, 2009

Bike trippin'





Aaron and I just rode our new tandem bicycle out to a bed and breakfast in Port Perry. It took us about 6 hours either way. Sometimes it was boring, but other times it was pretty. It sounds dorky but it makes way more sense than me trying to keep up with Aaron and always having to chase him up hills and being miserable. The B&B was amazing. It's called the Rooster's Inn.
Here's all the stuff we ate on our trip:
  • We brought with us Nature Valley bars, Cliff bars, a dark chocolate bar, trail mix, and some V8.
  • On the road we bought fresh strawberries and tomatoes.
  • For dinner we went to a Mexican restaurant in town. We got veggie enchilads, re-fried beans (there was a big pepper hidden in them which apparently I wasn't supposed to actually put in my mouth. It burned), rice, and nachos with salsa and guacamole. Aaron got Mexican beer.
  • The inn served us an amazing vegan breakfast of pan-fried potatoes, cornmeal patties (they have a name but I forget it) with tomato sauce, and fried mushrooms, onions, and red-pepper on top, fruit salad, toast with jam, orange juice and coffee. I actually had some eggs because they have rescued pet chickens in their backyard that are very happy, and I'm not against well-cared for pet chickens. Chickens make awesome pets! I could barely eat them though because I was so full already from the other stuff. They also gave us a bottle of wine in our room.
So that was our trip in terms of food. It was good times.

No comments:

Post a Comment