Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Oh man, yesterday I went into an ice cream store for sorbet and they had dark chocolate covered oreos. I kind of wish I had ten more.
Two nights ago I went to a vegan Greek dinner to raise money for the Durham vegetarian food festival. They served us salad, then the main course was this dish that was zucchini over eggplant over potatoes over tomatoes, served with chickpeas and couscous. Dessert was a fruit cake with chocolate sauce. Definitely worth the trip out.
I got a chance to make dinner last night for the first time in while. I made this asparagus recipe: http://vegweb.com/index.php?topic=11519.0 with a diced carrot added. This recipe had both sesame seeds and toasted macadamia nuts in it. There should be more nuts and seeds in food. They are deelishious. I also made some fried tofu which is my own little invention. You just cut it into cubes, then fry it in some oil (I used sesame seed oil this time to go with the dish), lemon juice, onion powder, and garlic powder. You can add any other seasoning you feel like, also.
Then I served the veggies and tofu over some Asian-style noodles.
When we got back from our bike trip I also made this recipe: http://vegweb.com/index.php?topic=10056.msg281968#msg281968
I substituted a butternut squash for some of the potatoes, since I had one, and threw in some tofu for protein.

No comments:

Post a Comment