Thursday, August 20, 2009

Dinner

Seems the pattern of this summer has been one of consecutive fuck ups on my part.
On the bright side, going to see Voltaire tonight. http://www.myspace.com/voltairenyc

Dinner: So once again I'm cooking to distract myself from life shittyness.
I'm making this rice: http://www.cdkitchen.com/recipes/recs/65/Portuguese_Tomato_Rice19462.shtml
with the following changes:
  • Vegetable broth instead of chicken or beef broth, obviously.
  • I chopped up the remaining celery from the fridge and threw it in so it wouldn't go bad. I love celery. Aaron thinks it doesn't have a taste, but I love adding it to dishes. This is the third dish this particular batch will be a part of.
  • I'm gonna add some spices but I'm not sure what yet. I'm thinking oregano, parsley, and maybe some marjoram or thyme.
  • Final awesome: gonna toast some pumpkin seeds and mix them in for crunchy protein.
I'm warming up some Yves Chicken Arrabbiata to go with it for more protein.

Snack: I've been snacking on purple grapes for a couple of days. They are prime snackin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment