Friday, August 7, 2009

Sushi!

Sushi fish is one of the last forms of meat that I gave up. Luckily, there's plenty of vegan stuff to get at Japanese restaurants, and it's a lot cheaper than the meat dishes. Sushi restaurants are one of the best places for vegans and non-vegans to go together.
I picked up a vegetarian bento box from Sushi Queen for dinner. 8 bucks for:
  • Miso soup and salad (Aaron informs me that the miso soup at restaurants usually has fish paste or beef broth in it. This pisses me off because miso paste is such a good vegan staple.)
  • Cucumber avocado roll
  • Edame
  • Spring rolls
  • Vegetable tempura
  • and deep-fried tofu
Tonight I got some friends together to go to Sneaky Dee's, largely because they have a vegan menu. Aaron and I are looking forward to a big plate o'vegan nachos. I looooove guacamole.

Pages on Queen West is closing D-:
Stupid gentrification of the area. The rent has gotten too high for them.
They're having a 20% off all books sale so I went and picked some up. Among my plunder was 'Fresh at Home,' a cookbook of recipes from one of my favourite vegetarian restaurants, Fresh. It took a lot of will power not to come home with a lot more. I was also tempted by 'Vegan Baking' and 'Vegan recipes from the tropics.' In the end though there are so many recipes online that I can't really justify spending too much money on cookbooks.
I also bought a book by the Dali Lama (man he's written a lot of books) and 'Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?' by Phillip K. Dick.
Here is a comic of an android dreaming of an electric sheep: http://www.dieselsweeties.com/archive/1280

No comments:

Post a Comment