Sunday, August 9, 2009

New cookbook! ^_^

Pages, the bookstore near my place, is closing. :( The rent at Queen West has been getting really high and most of the more alternative stores have moved further west.
Anyways, I went to their 20% off everything sale and bought (among other things) 'Fresh at Home' by Ruth Tal Brown and Jennifer Houston. It's one of the cookbooks from Fresh.

So today my friend Rena came over and we cooked:
1) The most bad-ass salad ever. It had:
  • iceberg lettuce
  • bean sprouts
  • avocado
  • cucumber pumpkin seeds
  • and marinated tofu cubes
  • wild ginger dressing
2) Golden curried dal soup.
Possibly the yummiest soup ever. It had lentils, coconut milk, fresh ginger, and lots of other yummyness. We added spinach, celery and some extra carrots to it. Soooooo healthy.

I also just did a major grocery shop today, since I hadn't gone in a few weeks. I bought Mr. Cristie's chocolate wafer cookies. They are so simple and good. They kind of taste like the tops of Oreos.

Currently watching the CN Tower get hit by lightning.

No comments:

Post a Comment