Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Rice pilaf

Vegetable rice pilaf is a good thing to make if you have left over vegetables in the fridge.
I started with a recipe from How it all Vegan, but changed it based on what I had.
You start by cooking rice (in this recipe it's 2 cups of brown rice) with some turmeric to make it all yellow and delicious looking.
Then you saute the veggies with some garlic, parsley (2 tbsp) and salt. I used half a sweet onion, 3 green onions, 2 carrots, 3 celery stalks, a cup of peas and 4 cloves of garlic. You add the peas, green onions, and parsley after the other stuff has been going for a while.
When they're done you mix them all together.
It's really tasty and it looks really nice too. You look at it and go "Mmmmmm. That looks tasty."

I also made some 'It's all good' Chick'n fillets in a zesty lemon herb rub, which may be my favourite flavour of said brand.
Voila. Whole meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment